Last updated on October 4th, 2016
This is a guest post.
Vacations can be expensive, but they need not be especially if you are smart with your money. It is essential to plan beforehand and get aware of the ways that can help you save your money. There is no need to keep delaying that dream vacation. Get into action right now.
No matter how daunting the price tags are, there are some tips and tricks that can help you plan ahead and start saving money. Read on to learn about those countless ways to make your dream vacation a reality. The key lies in making the start even before you hit the road.
Some Useful Tips to Save Money for Your Dream Vacation
To begin with, find the price point of your vacation and this is where you start from. Once you have some numbers written down, you would have a clearer picture as to how far are you from your target. Do not plan a trip without money in mind. Also this book by Edusson has some nifty tips – A student’s guide to traveling without spending money.
- Make your plan realistically about the finances repaired and the period of time. Start saving and ask your partner to join in. Decide on a savings plan and adjust your budget or your timeline accordingly. You may need to save more in some moment to reach that magical number. However, with regular and determined efforts, you will reach there faster than you think.
- Browse your destination and ask friends and family who have traveled to the location before. Learn about the costs and things like average cab fare, food costs and if tipping is customary. It is always best to avoid any surprises and find out everything about the cheaper accommodations, airfare, and activities.
- Make use of budget tools and let the technology help you become budget friendly. Numerous apps can help track your expenses, remind you of your bills or send a snapshot of your spending. Thus, you will get alerted if you are spending on expensive meals and can arrange for a thriftily planning out.
- Look for other sources of income. There might be some hidden sources of income that you are not aware of. Check out old savings bonds or unused valuables gathering dust. You could make good use of your skills and earn seem extra money in jobs like mowing lawns, babysitting, craft work, baking or raking leaves.
- Limit your budget and still, have fun. After all, you still need entertainment when saving your pennies for your dream vacation. Look for free events or meals or movies. If you know how and where to look, you are sure to locate some good options. There are wine shops that offer free tastings and local music and dance schools offering free students’ showcases.
Just follow the above simple tips to save money for your vacation and stay inspired. Keep your dream destination in mind during the long savings slog to keep yourself motivated. You can pin beautiful photos of the location and post informative facts that are motivations and exciting.
You might also like: 99 Ways to Save Money for Travel by Happy to Wander.