Seattle is a lovely city on the beautiful Elliot Bay, surrounded by water and mountains. As a city, Seattle isn’t overwhelmingly large, or too complicated to tackle in a weekend, but it still has a big city feel and all of the services and excitement you expect.
We’ve put together this one-stop Seattle travel guide to help you quickly plan a Seattle trip, whether you’re going for a weekend, or a week.
In this Seattle travel guide, you’ll find the best hotels, neighborhoods to check out, things to do in Seattle, and places to eat and drink in Seattle. It’s just a quick peek at all the best things in the city.
If you love being near the water, you’ll love visiting Seattle. The natural beauty is astounding, and if you are lucky enough to visit on a nice summer day with blue sky, you’ll never want to leave. Check out these top instagrammable spots in Seattle to soak up all the beauty.
Below, find our quick Seattle travel guide, plus some more useful information on traveling to Seattle.
What to Do in Seattle
There are many breweries, restaurants and fun things to do in Seattle. You can read about them all in each of the posts liked there. If you want to get outside of Seattle, check out these things to do in the Puget Sound, that are all within day-trip range of Seattle.
Want to plan ahead and book a few of the things we’ve mentioned to do below? It’s always a good idea to pre-book for popular tours. They sell out fast.
- One Day Sightseeing Tour w/Space Needle and Pike Place Market BOOK HERE
- Viator Exclusive: Early-Access Food Tour of Pike Place Market BOOK HERE
- Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass Combination Ticket BOOK HERE
- Snoqualmie Falls and Seattle Winery Tour BOOK HERE
- Seattle Seaplane Flight from Lake Union BOOK HERE
Where to Stay in Seattle
Seattle is the type of city where you need a car to get around if you’re planning to get out of the downtown area at all. If you’re just going to be exploring downtown, you can really easily take the light rail from the airport to anywhere in downtown, and you won’t need a car. We still highly recommend staying downtown, no matter how you choose to explore the city. Just beware that parking can cost as much as $30-40 a night at area hotels.
Here are our recommended Seattle hotels. You can use any of these links to read reviews or book hotels for your stay in Seattle.
- Crowne Plaza Downtown – this is a nice, affordable luxury hotel that is right in the middle of the action. Very walkable. ⇒ Read reviews and check prices on Trip Advisor | Booking.com
- Hotel Vintage – for a more boutique hotel feel, check out this place. It offers a free wine happy hour every day. ⇒ Read reviews and check prices on Trip Advisor | Booking.com
- Seattle Westin – also in a very good location in downtown, this hotel is lovely inside and there are dozens of restaurant at its base. ⇒ Read reviews and check prices on Trip Advisor | Booking.com
PRO TIP: Once you’ve booked your refundable hotel room, forward your reservation email to sj@Learn more here.and let Pruvo monitor rates for you 24/7 to find a lower price and save you money!
Shortcut Travel Guide to Seattle
Read more about Seattle
Note: This post contains affiliate links from which we receive a small commission.