London is one of our favorite cities (and not because we just moved there!). It’s not like most cities that are clustered into one small and very tall area. London is very spread out and there are multiple neighborhoods that offer something different and unique. You can see all the major sights along the Thames, then spend many more days exploring neighborhoods, like Notting Hill, Angel, Shoreditch and SoHo.
If you’re planning a trip to London and would like to find the best things to do, places to eat and drink in the city, look no further than our shortcut travel guide to London. We’ve got it covered for you!
You might also like:
- One-Day Walking Guide to the Major Sites in London
- Eating London: A delicious food tour (by Travel Photo Discovery)
- 5 Top London Markets You Must Visit
- What’s for Lunch at Borough Market
Where to Stay in London
As with any large city, there are many different parts of London, and each has a different feel to it. You should base your stay in London on what you want to get out of your trip, but the best location for tourists in the city tends to near Victoria and Oxford Circle, because they are so convenient to the typical tourist attractions of the city. Soho is also a great location if you want to be in the heart of the action, near tons of great restaurants and bars.
Here are our recommended places to stay in London. You can use these links to read more reviews or book your stay (they are affiliate links that help us keep the lights on around here):
- Marriott County Hall ⇒ Read reviews or check prices on Trip Advisor | Expedia
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge ⇒ Read reviews or check prices on Trip Advisor | Expedia
- The Nadler Soho ⇒ Read reviews or check prices on Trip Advisor | Expedia
Shortcut Travel Guide to London
Before you go: Get the lowest price on London Attraction Tickets
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.)