London is one of our favorite cities (you can probably tell, because we just moved there!). It’s not like most cities that are clustered into one small and very tall area. London is very spread out and there are multiple neighborhoods that offer something different and unique. You can see all the major sights along the Thames, then spend many more days exploring neighborhoods, like Notting Hill, Angel, Shoreditch and SoHo.
If you’re planning a trip to London and would like to find the best things to do, places to eat and drink in the city, look no further than our shortcut travel guide to London. We’ve got it covered for you.
Where to Stay in London
As with any large city, there are many different parts of London, and each has a different feel to it. You should base your stay in London on what you want to get out of your trip, but the best location for tourists in the city tends to near Victoria and Oxford Circle, because they are so convenient to the typical tourist attractions of the city. Soho is also a great location if you want to be in the heart of the action, near tons of great restaurants and bars.
Here are our recommended places to stay in London. You can use these links to read more reviews or book your stay (they are affiliate links that help us keep the lights on around here):
- Marriott County Hall: Great value for the price. Nice affordable luxury hotel in a great location. Read reviews or check prices
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge: If you’re planning your time seeing the main tourist sights in London, this is the perfect location. Read reviews or check prices
- The Nadler Soho: Soho is one of the most fun neighborhoods in London for visitors. This hotel is prime location, and really nice. Read reviews or check prices
What to Do in London
If you want to create an itinerary for London with some of the activities we’ve included in the infographic below, we recommend booking tickets on Viator. They make it super simple to book everything you want to see in one place!
- London Eye Ticket with Skip-the-Line – BOOK HERE
- London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions – BOOK HERE
- The View from The Shard Entrance Ticket with Optional Champagne – BOOK HERE
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter – BOOK HERE and read our full review of the tour.
- London Full-Day Sightseeing Tour w/ Tower of London, Changing of the Guard, and Thames River Cruise – BOOK HERE
Shortcut Travel Guide to London
Before you go: Get the lowest price on London Attraction Tickets
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.)