There are many different sides and personalities to Amsterdam. You can make of it what you want and in many ways, Amsterdam can become anything you want it to be. As a tourist, you’ll likely find it to be a very welcoming and acceptable place. The food in Amsterdam is exciting and also expected, at the same time. But you’ll never run out of thing to try!
If you’re thinking about a trip there, check out our one-stop travel guide to Amsterdam for the best hotels, neighborhoods, things to do, and places to eat and drink in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
You may also like these articles about Amsterdam:
- Great Places to Drink Beer in Amsterdam
- The Best of Amsterdam: City Discovery Series
- 29 Fun Things to do in Amsteredam (by Hostel Geeks)
Download a PDF version of the Shortcut Travel Guide to Amsterdam to take with you.
Where to Stay in Amsterdam
Heading to Amsterdam soon? We like staying near Dam Square in central Amsterdam. It’s fun and lively, close to or within easy walking distance of many of the top attractions, and easily accessible for public transportation. Below are the hotels we recommend. You can read reviews or book directly through our affiliate links below. (We always appreciate your support by clicking through our links!)
- Banks Mansion ⇒ Expedia | Trip Advisor
- Radisson Blu ⇒ Expedia | Trip Advisor
- The Toren ⇒ Expedia | Trip Advisor
- De L’Europe Amsterdam ⇒ Expedia | Trip Advisor
Shortcut Travel Guide to Amsterdam
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links)