Are you a travel blogger looking to expand your writing portfolio by writing for a top travel blog? We know what it’s like to be just starting out and wanting to get your name out there. If you have a travel or food tourism idea you’d like to write about, we’d love to hear from you.
Important Note: This opportunity is for travel bloggers and aspiring travel writers only. If you are an SEO service, for-profit, business or affiliate site, please contact us for our guidelines for sponsored content. We do not accept guest posts for link-building purposes.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A GUEST POST
At Savored Journeys, we focus on providing practical, useful and exciting information about traveling around the world. While we do have a lot of basic travel information about destinations, we focus primarily on food travel and experiences. We are especially interesting in guest posts that have a unique food angle or which talk about food in a destination that we have not yet covered.
We expect all guest posts to be:
- 100% Unique and Never Published Before. We do not accept content that has previously been published on another site. The content must be 100% new and unique and pass a plagiarism test.
- In line with our voice and mission and relevant to our readers. We don’t accept posts or pitch ideas that are not in line with our voice and mission. That means we don’t accept budget, backpacking, solo, outdoorsy, or adventure travel. We cover affordable luxury, mostly couples, always food or drink.
- Incredibly informative. Pack your post full of useful information – not just what you can already find on the internet. If you don’t know the subject enough to write useful content – don’t write about it.
- Well written. If you can’t take the time to properly edit your content, we certainly don’t want to feature it on our site, so please be sure to edit.
GUEST POST GUIDELINES
If we accept your pitch, these are the guidelines we will ask you to follow. Please note that we will make any edits that we deem necessary before publishing your post on our site. We also reserve the right to refuse any guest post due to poor grammar or writing.
- At least 1,000 words. At the bare minimum, your post must be 1k words. Our posts typically reach the 2k mark, in order to provide incredible value to our readers. We expect yours to do the same.
- Include at least 2 photos to illustrate your post. Please include at least 2 high-res photos (at least 800px wide), to match the content of the post and be visually appealing. If you don’t have your own photos, we will accept creative commons photos with proper attribution. You must send us the URL where you found the photo and the photo credit information or your post will be rejected.
- No links in the content. We will place one link to your homepage in the author bio section. We are also happy to link to your social media. We give preference to writers who have a verified Google+ account that can be linked to.
- A short bio about yourself. Include a short little bio with some context about who you are. If you’d like, please also send us a head shot to include in the author section.
We reserve the right to add affiliate links, additional internal and external links, as well as adjust the title, headings and/or content slightly to include well-researched and high-performing keywords. If you aren’t prepared to accept the editing we’ve done, don’t submit your post.
SEND US A PITCH!
Have an idea? We want to hear it! Use the form below or email us with your pitch.
Note: if you’re looking for follow links back to a website (other than your own blog), don’t fill out this form. This opportunity is for bloggers only.
We will not accept pitches for content that we already feature on Savored Journeys, so be sure to check our archives before creating your pitch. We also recommend that you read a few of our most recent posts to get an idea of the format and tone of our content.
In order to make sure there is an audience for the content you write, we will check the search volume for your idea. If there isn’t considerable search volume, we will ask you to rethink your idea, or it may be rejected.
If you can’t think of a topic, may we suggest contributing to our series called “Cool Things I’ve Done on Vacation“, where we feature exciting experiences you’ve had. Previous posts have included climbing into a Egyptian Pyramid, floating through the glowworm caves in New Zealand, walking on the Great Wall of China, taking a helicopter ride to base camp at Mount Everest. Share your story with us!